BSF-IAF JOINT WOMEN CAMEL EXPEDITION
Joint BSF – IAF Women Camel Expedition was jointly flagged off from Adarsh Stadium Barmer, Rajasthan to Attari (Wagha), Punjab on 15 August 2017 by Sh Amraram Chaudhary, Hon’ble Minister of Rajasthan Govt, Sh Ajay Kumar Tomar, IPS IG BSF Gujarat Frontier, Shri Sanjay Kumar, AOC , IAF Uttarlai, Barmer and Sh Pratul Gautam, DIG Sector HQ BSF Barmer.
2. The prime aim of this expedition is to promote awareness regarding the Prime Minister campaign “BETI BACHAO BETI PADHAO”, “GENDER EQUALITY” AND “WOMEN EMPOWERMENT” among border population who are relatively backward and conservative.
3. The camel expedition will be carried out from 15 Aug 2017 to 02 Oct 2017 and cover 1368 Kms distance through border areas of Barmer, Jaisalmer, Bikaner, Ganganagar, Abohar, Firozpur and Amritsar and will terminate at Wagha border, Punjab.
4. The expedition comprises of 20 women representative of both BSF and IAF. The 11 member contingent of BSF is being led by Miss Tanu Sri Parik, AC the first lady officer in BSF, whereas Sq. Leader Anusika Lomas is leading the 09 members IAF contingent.
5. Camel Expedition covered 233 Kms length in AOR of Barmer Sector & various programme were organised enroute for awareness of women empowerment.
6. Joint BSF-IAF Women Camel Expedition 2017 was conducted successfully in AOR of Gujarat Frontier and handed over to Rajasthan Frontier on 22 August 2017.