OORJA CAPF U-19 FOOTBALL TALENT HUNT TOURNAMENT (Click here for schedule)
As a precursor to FIFA Under 17 World Cup in Oct 2017, Hon’ble Prime Minister has initiated “Mission XI Million” with objective to take the beautiful game football to at least 11 million boys and girls around the country under the aegis of All India Police Sports Control Board.
2. The other objectives are to select promising players to represent our country in Asian Championship and to recruit young and emerging players in CAPFs. Thus BSF has been tasked to conduct U-19 Football tournament for promising and emerging players across Gujarat State.
3. The tournament will be conducted across the country in three phases. In first phase, It is conducted at State level, in Second phase the best teams selected from first phase will compete at zonal level and in third phase, the best emerged from second phase will compete for final honors at New Delhi to emerge as Champion of “Prime Minister Football Tournament – U-19 (Boys & Girls).
4. Following are the objectives of this tournament :
a)To be a part of Mission XI million.
b)To create feavour for football among the youth of India.
c)To select promising players to represent our country in Asian Championship.
d)To recruit youth and emerging players in CAPFs.
5. The tournament is conducted for boys and girls under 19 in Gujarat at Gandhinagar under supervision of BSF. The following eight teams both in boys and girls categories will be
taking part in the tournament.
a) Kendriya Vidyalaya Schools – Two teams.
b) School Games Federation of India – Two teams.
c) Local Clubs – Four teams.
6. Thus eight boys and eight girls teams will compete under two pools in each category. In all 32 matches i.e., 16 boys & 16 girls will be organized.
7. A selection committee has been formed under a DIG (BSF) with representatives from state football federation and state sports authority to select best players to form up two teams each in both boys and girls to complete in second phase.
Prize money will be as follows :
a) Winner team – Rs 50,000/-
b) Runner team – Rs 30,000/-
c) Hardliner – Rs 20,000/-
Besides a running trophy will be awarded to all first three teams.
8. Tournament has been scheduled to be conducted from 1st May to 8th May 2017. The games for the boys are scheduled at Torrent Stadium, Sabarmati and for the girls at SAI Stadium, Gandhinagar. The tournament consists of following events.
a) Curtain raiser for the event was held on 30 April 2017 in the presence of Shri Devendra Jhajharia, Padma Shri (Javelin Thrower Para Olympian), Miss Parul Parmar, Arjuna Awardee, (Badminton Champion world Para Games) and Shri Sandeep Narwal, (World Cup Kabaddi player) at BSF Campus, Gandhinagar, Gujarat.
b) Opening ceremony of the tournament was held on 2 May 2017 and the occasion was graced by Chief Guest Shri Pradeepsinh Bhagwatsinh Jadeja, Minister of State for home Gujarat State, Smt Sunaina Tomar, IAS Principal Secretary Education Department of Gujarat State at SAI Stadium, Gandhinagar, Gujarat.
c) The closing ceremony to close the tournament is scheduled for 8th May 2017.
9. The selected teams will undergo practice session from 28th May to 6th June 2017 before competing at zonal level in second phase from 8th June to 25th June 2017 in Goa.